Wednesday Connection 4.15.2020
THIS EVENING, I AM HOSTING OUR BIBLE STUDY SERIES, “RISEN.” In the New Testament there are over 50 references to the resurrection of Jesus Christ. 50 contexts around those references which beg our inquiry. 50 reasons why the resurrection of Jesus Christ changes everything for YOU!
The lesson plan for tonight is attached below. Call in at 7:00 pm please!
- Dial 857-444-6500 at 7:00 pm
- Enter the ID Code: 845-101-528 when prompted
- You are in with us!
- The Lesson Plan is attached to this email below…
The Resurrection of Jesus gives us new birth into a living hope. “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time” 1 Peter 1:3-5.
· The need for new birth is so desperate in us that it took the resurrection of Jesus Christ to make it possible!
· The Holy Spirit takes our dead hearts and unites us to Christ by faith so that his life becomes our life!
· With this new life there is now within us ‘living hope’ because Jesus himself is ALIVE!
· Death is not now an end, but a beginning! Even our grief is shaped by His Gospel.
While most everything else remains closed down, The Christian Life Chapel Search Committee continues to work primarily through ZOOM meetings. They are reviewing ‘more than a few’ RESUMES’ already received. There remains a lot of work ahead. Please remember to pray over this whole search process.
What can I do during this time of transition at Christian Life Chapel?
- Pray for the leadership of CLC to lead godly and wisely
- Pray for the Pastor Mike as he nears retirement to faithfully serve during this time
- Pray for the search team, that they would be faithful and diligent in their task
- Pray for the membership of CLC to stay engaged and patient
- Pray for the next pastor of CLC – God knows who he is
- Give – remain faithful to financially support CLC as you are able and God leads.
2) Be positive
- Choose to see this time as a part of God’s plan for CLC
- Ask God to help you see the good things He is doing in and through CLC
- Encourage the leaders, and others here at CLC
- Choose to understand leadership’s desire to move CLC forward and follow God’s leading for a new chapter in the life of our church
- Consistently ask God to grow you in areas and ways that He knows you need
- Find a friend you trust who will agree to partner with you and help you to discover the areas and ways that you can grow.
- Deepen your dependence on God, seeking to find your security and significance in Him and not in any other thing, person or place.
- Commit to a daily quiet time with God; reading his Word, praying and seeking His leading in every aspect of your life.
Please reply to this email with your testimony and prayer request.
How are you?
Please send all church offerings to: CLC, PO Box 91, Colchester, CT 06415. Thank you.
Pastor Mike Brubaker, DMin