Friday Connection 4. 17. 2020
Consider this about our Government Stimulus Checks
[compilation of suggestions; Dave Ramsey, Kevin Baldwin, Mike Brubaker]
So here’s what’s up as wise stewards of our monies:
1. To Tenants: If the government says you don’t have to pay your rent and there’s a ban on evictions, you better do whatever you can to pay your rent. There will be major repercussions when eviction bans are lifted. Don’t think you’ll get a free ride out of this.
PAY YOUR RENT! Your landlord has bills to pay too.
2. To Homeowners: If the government tells banks to stop mortgage payments, DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO PAY YOUR MORTGAGE!. Some lenders are saying you don’t have to pay for 3 months, but on the 4th month, all four payments are due in full. Do not take a chance and not pay. Major foreclosures will come from all this. The banks didn’t help homeowners in 2008-2009 and in 2020, it’s still the same.
Pay your mortgage.
3. If the utility company suspends payments, you better pay any amount you can! They are like banks, they will want their money eventually and when all this clears up, you’ll owe an exuberant bill and still won’t have any utilities. Pay whatever you can.
4. If you get a government stimulus check, this check is to help pay your bills. That means you pay your rent, your mortgage, your utilities, your insurance, your car payment, your bills. This is not for frivolous spending, but we all know SOMEONE who’s gonna say “oh I have 4 months before I have to pay another bill” and spend it on something else.
5. In relationship to major Credit Card debt, a stimulus check is not the time to splurge. Diminish your debt.
6. This money can also help keep the economy going, so buy a gift card from your hair or nail lady, the hardware store, favorite restaurant or buy some ToGo food, but just overall be smart about it!
7. There are families, single parents, individuals, charities who would be extra-extra-extra blessed to receive a love gift from you right now. Folks from the ‘greatest generation’ of the Great Depression Era, often had asked; “Should we keep what we did not earn?”
Join us! The next Friends Conference call (Bible Meditation and Prayer) is planned for TONIGHT, Friday, April 17th, at 7:00 pm.
- Dial 857-444-6500 at 7:00 pm
- Enter the ID Code: 845-101-528 when prompted
- You are in with us!
Pastor Mike Brubaker, DMin